Thursday, September 6, 2012

Demon Eclipse Abandoned

I mention one of my long-running favorites a few weeks ago and lo and behold, its author regretfully cancels continued development. Demon Eclipse is dead. Long live Demon Eclipse! Thankfully, Eriance pledged to nominally polish what's complete (Episodes 1 & 2) and release them as the "final" beta. Some people are optimistic about Episode 3 becoming a future project (though he already has a good one in the works). I'm just happy to get the remainder what with so many projects never seeing any kind of a release. Good luck on your future endeavors. For the rest of you, keep an eye on DoomX (Youtube channel here) I'm remaining optimistic. 

EDIT: Site news... I am momentarily done with picking through older WADs (though reviews will be coming over the next month-plus) and am happily moving on to 2012 Cacoward nominees and things that piqued my interest. I also made a slight change to the review index; WADs using TNT and Plutonia as a base are no longer segregated into their own categories. They are filed under Doom II, as that best represents the kind of gameplay you can expect from them. I'm considering giving projects like Chibi Rebellion a different code to distinguish them (and other "new games") from the rest of the site reviews. Also, I'm anticipating code 64 for Doom 64 EX levels. I will eventually review Doom 64, but first, it's 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad, i really liked the lava cacodemons and the overpowered sword that even gets more powerfull when you kill a few baddies with it... By demon eclipse you will be missed :(

    ReplyDelete